At Sun Traffic we believe that all businesses should be responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually strive to improve our environmental performance as a fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
In particular we –
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible. Even our signs and cones are recycled!
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable
- Were one of the first suppliers to understand the economic and environmental benefits of radio operated cable-less traffic lights, and since 2000 we have been industry leaders in their use; a standard others now follow. Since January 2003 we have invested over £2.4m in ultra-efficient LED Traffic Lights, with the result that our carbon footprint has been massively reduced
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practicable. Since 1997 all our vehicles have been fitted with GPS, greatly reducing our fleet’s greenhouse gas emissions through better journey planning
- Appreciate the environmental value of shopping locally. We engage, wherever possible, local companies to provide us with a wide range of services and supplies; from corporate clothing to waste disposal.
Wherever possible we encourage our customers, suppliers and business associates to think and act as we do – sound commercial sense for all – our duty of care towards future generations!